Sunday, September 13, 2009

4175 miles later

I cashed in my quarters at $396.25, and we hit the road at 3am Saturday morning, waiting only for me to shower after work. Over the next ten days Ammiel and I wandered to Texas and back by way of Denver and Salt Lake, visiting friends and family along the way. I rarely have time to read these days, so I took advantage of my turns in the passenger seat to read four books (I think Amm read eight or so... and I thought I read fast). The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time was an interesting read, as was Terry Pratchett's Nation. I didn't find nearly as many scenic views or curious attractions to photograph as I had expected, but I did find a few, and often the sights were beautiful just not photogenic.

Day one of the trip ended with quick jump out of a plane with my sister and her husband at Mile High Skydiving in Longmont, CO. Day two was spent with Amm's wonderful grandmother Lorene, who treated us to a spectacular breakfast of baby dutch pancakes. Much of our three days in texas was spent either climbing/bouldering at the local rock climbing gym, or massaging each other's aching arms and hands. We camped one night in Arizona at my sister's second favorite drop zone, Skydive Arizona, in Eloy. Sunday night was at Amm's friend Micha's in Cottonwood, AZ, where we had the pleasure of meeting the most chill dog I've ever seen, The Professor, before heading on to Zion National Park for an overnight camping/hiking mini-adventure. Then Salt Lake area for two days, visiting two of my best friends and their adorable daughter, and a couple more of Amm's friends.

4175 miles later we returned to Bozeman in time for me to work my Thursday night bartending shift. Now its back to the grindstone, so to speak, and time to start saving quarters for my next mini-adventure; I'm thinking Seattle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, that is a very skinny cord holding you and the tandem man to something.....smile